Sunday, June 1, 2014

Here Goes Nothing!

I guess everyone has to start somewhere when it comes to a blog, right?  I never in a million years thought I would even attempt this but here goes. 

For starters I am a Texas country girl at heart.  I've lived in New Mexico, Colorado and Oklahoma.  While they are all nice places, there's no place I would rather be than right were I am back home in Texas.  It just took me a minute to figure that out. 

I live here with my wonderful husband Quinten (an Okie), my 17 year old son Cody, and our 12 yr old Dalton and 10 yr old Garrett.  Needless to say, I stay pretty busy just keeping up with them... but... I have my own little projects I like to tinker with, which include my backyard chickens, my garden and raised beds, sewing, and of course the cats and dogs.  We actually added a new member to our family of four legged babies today.  The husband, the two youngest and I went to Canton earlier in the day as it was First Monday weekend and I found the little (or not so little) one I have been looking for.  She is an eight week old, 18 lb Great Pyrenees puppy that we have named Sugar.  I'm sure there will be a lot more to come about our journey.

It's getting late and I guess I should be going for now.. So goodnight and sleep tight my friend.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jennifer,

    Congratulations on creating your own blog!!!

    Texas is the best place to be!!! I'm actually in Oklahoma (temporarily) while my husband works here. Our kids (most) and families live in Texas or New Mexico.
    Our hearts are back in Texas, and one day we will follow them, lol......

    I look forward to reading more posts :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading Sandy. Have a wonderful day.

      Delete