Thursday, June 19, 2014

Black Beans



Every year I try to grow something different in my garden.  I can't say that it always turns out to be something that we actually like, except for this year.  My "something new" this year is black beans.  I bought a couple small packages of seed at the feed store that I typically shop at.  Of course I had spring fever as usual and that was just one of the many different seed varieties that came home with me on that trip.  There were several.  What can I say, I get a little excited when it comes to my garden.  Anyway, back to the beans.  The boys and I planted them a while back and really didn't know what to expect from them.  Oh but we have been watching and waiting and waiting and finally got to pick our first little batch the other day.  I shelled them, washed them up and put them in the crockpot overnight.  I have to say, we will be growing our own black beans every year now.  They are so much better than the dry ones you buy in the store.  I paired them with some homemade "Dirty Rice" and had one happy family.

No comments:

Post a Comment